Years ago at the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens, my Aunty Pam used to bring corn fritters to the stadium, and it was always my mission at some stage of the weekend, to find her and those scrummy corn fritters. I did, year in and year out, find her and savour her food.
I recently got hold of her recipe and made a few changes, as I like to do, to suit my palette.
- 1 large can of sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup tasty grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, fried until crispy
- 1/2 cup coriander
- Hot chilli, finely chopped, as much as you like
- Finely chopped spring onions, again as you like
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Its easy, add all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add more milk if you need, but it should be a thick battery consistency
- Shallow fry until golden brown, flip and do the same on the other side.
- Place of absorbent paper and pop into the oven if you need to keep them warm.
To serve, I added a dollop of sour cream and dusted with paprika powder. Simply divine 🙂
Thanks Pam !