There are a million things to make with puff pastry and they’re all delectably light, tasty and always a treat. Suzy made some curried chilli sausage rolls and some wonderful mushroom ragout pies. Simple, devine and incredibly moorish.
- Using good tasty pork mince, Suzy added some cooked onions, Chilli flakes and curry paste. Mix well and the stuffing is done.
- Using store bought puff pastry, cut into half and lay out a sausage of sausage mix ! Rolls the pastry and place back into the freezer to firm up a little.
- After 10 minutes, the raw rolls will have fired so you can cut them without squashing them into ovals.
- Baste each with some egg wash and bake till golden and crispy.
Mushroom Ragout Pies
- Chopped mushrooms were fried with onions, garlic and some chilli flakes.
- Once all the mushroom were thoroughly cooked and dehydrated, add some flour and cook out the rawness of the flour.
- Add stock and heat until the mixture takes on a thick gravy consistency.
- If you want it really mushroomy, add some porcini powder to the mix.
- I added a splash of cream to give it that velvetty feel.
- With a muffin tin already lined with puff pastry, fill with the ragout and cover with a pastry cap.
- Glaze, bake and eat !