Love your chocolate mousse – well this ones a cracker !
- 6 eggs, separated
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Cognac or similar
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 50g icing sugar
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. When all melted remove and set aside for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally ensuriang a cream consistency
- Beat eggs yolks and caster sugar until thick and creamy
- Add cooled chocolate mixture
- Add cognac and cream and mix well
- Whisk eggs whites with caster sugar until stiff peaks
- Add 1 large spoon of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix well
- Gently fold the remaining egg whites into the chocolate mixture
- Portion into serving bowls and refrigerate for a few hours.